Precision Life Sciences
The Accounting Manager will be hands-on and responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting functions. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger review and preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. Additionally, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the supervision and development of MDR accounting staff.
Job description and technical requirements:
- Establishes and/or applies policies and procedures to ensure that accounting transactions are in compliance with company policies and are recorded in the financial records in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage and coordinate the monthly/quarterly/annual close process including the review and/or preparation of journal entries and reconciliations.
- Ensure adherence to internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Supervises, directs and reviews the work of accounting staff including but not limited to cash management, accounts payable, purchasing, and general ledger reconciliations/journal entries).
- Requires a strong knowledge of accounting technical matters and the Company’s technical policies and procedures.
- May assist with preparation and processing of payroll with the assistance of third-party service provider. • Assist Controller with the facilitation and management of external financial statement and SarbanesOxley audits.
- Work collaboratively with department leaders to accurately monitor and report on research & development spend, accruals, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist Controller with the management of general administrative functions for their location, which may include matters related to HR, IT and facilities.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in accounting with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Experience with public company audits and public accounting a plus. Business, accounting, or related field; CPA preferred, but not required.
- Experience preparing reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, including specific experience with clinical research/drug development process is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
- Experience entering transactions, journal entries and extracting information from various ERP systems, strong Intacct experience preferred.
- Computer skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Effective time management skills. Ability to handle competing priorities and ad hoc requests and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels within an organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality over all HR and finance/accounting matters and information.
- Hands-on, can-do, positive attitude. Ready and willing to work closely with senior management in the development of the business and supporting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional areas in a collaborative, team environment. Even tempered, patient, with a service orientation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.