Precision Life Sciences
Position: Electrical Engineer
This position requires someone with broad capabilities in the area of electrical engineering with specific experienced based knowledge of design for imaging electro-optical systems and electro-mechanical mechanisms for medical or military E-O systems. Responsibilities include researching new technologies, contributing to product definition and architecture, detailed design reviews, performance analysis, system trade-off analysis, requirements definition and flow down, and test and evaluation of performance parameters at both the component and system level. Outstanding communication skills are required to convey technical ideas to both the customer community and to engineering peers.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in the design and manufacture of imaging electro-optical assemblies in a production environment
- Design experience for medical or military or other similar harsh environments helpful
- Direct experience with a several electrical and electronic systems and subsystems including:
- Motion control electronics for precision positioning
- Image sensors and cameras e.g. CMOS, CCDs, etc.
- Embedded microcontrollers, microprocessors, DC power supplies
- Analog to > 10MHz and digital video signals to >400MHz rates
- EMI/EMC design
- Real-time Image processing hardware
- A/C and D/C coupled detectors
- Schematic design and review
- Experience with USB, Ethernet, Video (MIPI, HDMI, LVDS).
- Understanding of data protocols: e.g. Asynchronous/Synchronous Serial (UART, RS-232, RS-485), SPI, SCI, USB, I2C and TCP/IP communications protocols.
- Hand-on capabilities, ability to use electronic test equipment: oscilloscope, digital multimeter, signal generator, frequency counter, spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer.
- Understanding of design for EMI/EMC requirements (e.g. MIL, IEC 60601, etc.), and corresponding qualification testing
- FPGA / SOC / SOM based solution development experience.
- Production environment automated test system development
- Experience with integration of electro-optical assemblies into systems / platforms.
BS in a related field and minimum 5 years relevant experience or MS in a related field and minimum 3 years relevant experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.