Precision Life Sciences
Biomedical Instrumentation Specialist
Installs, calibrates, repairs and inspects imaging devices, robots and computers and solves moderately complex problems in the field. Performs repairs up to and including the diagnosis and repair of difficult technical instrument and software problems. Participates in product improvement discussions, provides inputs to design engineering. Provides information and develops procedures. In addition, will be responsible to ensure day to day operation of digital scanning instruments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, qualification, operation, maintenance, upgrades, debugging of digital scanner systems and their accompanying desktop computers.
- Conducts complete performance assurance and electrical safety testing.
- May provide information for the development of testing protocols.
- Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance on devices as required.
- Responds to equipment problems; evaluates, troubleshoots, and corrects problems up to and including those requiring rule-based troubleshooting and a moderate level of diagnostic skill and having a moderate to high level of acuity and complexity. Determines the need to remove and/or replace malfunctioning devices from service and implements accordingly.
- Performs equipment repairs of substantial difficulty to a level requiring generic test instrumentation or diagnostic software, e.g., to board or component level for electrical devices.
- Participates in equipment evaluations, installations, and upgrades, including software revision updates.
- Instructs others on testing, calibration, preventive maintenance, basic troubleshooting and repair of digital scanning equipment.
- Thoroughly and accurately documents inspections, repairs, maintenance procedures, and training activities in a timely manner. Documents and maintains accurate and current inventory records of all replacement and repair parts.
- Using data indicators, intuition, and/or other resources, helps to identify system, safety and quality problems, suggests solutions, and provides information that leads to change in department and on teams.
- Performs on-call function (schedule rotation) providing in-house repairs and assistance as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) Instrumentation OR Associate’s (AS) degree in Biomedical Electronics Technology, Biomedical Equipment Technology or Biomedical Engineering Technology or in a related technical field such as Electronic Technology
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Must have competence in ability to understand product specifications, read product manuals and discern the structural design of the system, mechanical, electronic, and optical components. Manage and maintain mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic, and/or computers to sufficiently diagnose and repair devices and systems.
- Can be trained to operate Linux computer (basic), careful handling of glass slides and optical components such as lenses and cameras, power meter, multimeter
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with team members (local and offshore) and customers at all levels.
- Ability to perform testing and troubleshooting of electromechanical devices involving specialized and generic test equipment and software diagnostic tools
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical biomedical safety principles.
- Ability to occasionally lift equipment up to 70lbs
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.