Precision Life Sciences
Regional Business Director
This position provides a unique opportunity for a Regional Business Director to lead a regional field sales force to promote indicated for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). This role will report directly to the Vice President of Sales.
We are looking for individuals who share the importance of science-based selling supported by a strong foundation of business analytics. A solid understanding of the oncology therapeutic area and compassion for patients are essential.
After the initial development stage, he/she will provide strong leadership and direction to maximize regional business opportunities and work collaboratively with other key functions.
- Hire, lead, develop and manage a team of Oncology Account Managers
- Promote safe and effective use of within the labeled indication (RCC) and in accordance with company training and policies
- Responsible for performance at the territory and regional level
- Exercise sound judgment and ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications
- Understand the Oncology/RCC environment; have in-depth knowledge of disease-state, local drivers, treatment and referral patterns, key account profiles, targets, influence patterns and barriers to optimal care
- Develop strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders practicing in that geography
- Act as team integrator/orchestrator by leveraging contextual selling and team-selling capabilities to support superior service to customers
- Monitor and control field expenses at the regional level
- Develop a strategic plan that is aligned with brand objectives
- Work collaboratively across functional areas to achieve common goals and address issues
- Closely collaborate with co-marketing partners, ensuring a strong sense of teamwork and a uniform strategic plan
- Understanding of oncology GPO’s and the payer landscape
- Performance ownership responsibilities: assist in hiring, training, coaching and performance management of Oncology Account Managers; ensure team members have in-depth level of knowledge of local Oncology/RCC marketplace.
- Work closely with the V.P of Sales and other stakeholders to develop launch/post-launch strategies and business plans for the region.
- Coach and mentor field staff
- Responsible for field staff operating within company policies
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested by management
- Foster core values and leadership behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) required
- 8 + years of field experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals industry, with at least 5 years leading people or commensurate additional roles within the oncology/hematology space.
- Oncology sales/sales leadership experience preferred
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments
- Highly developed contextual selling skills that result in strong, trusting customer relationships with demonstrated record of personal and team performance
- Demonstrate a passion for improving RCC patient care delivery
- Team leadership skills and ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Embraces and adopts new technologies and techniques
- Well versed in a multitude of IT capabilities to support the business needs
- Ability to build highly effective cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Champions continuous learning/knowledge
- Product launch or turnaround experience highly desired
- Demonstrated track record of coaching and developing next-generation leaders
- Valid driver’s license and in good standing
- Ability to travel up to 70%
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.