Precision Life Sciences
This position is a key cross-functional leadership role facilitating operations of planning, execution, timeline oversight, and budgets for key late stage franchise asset(s) . The position will be a key integrator of all Development related activities for the asset, partnering with the Development team lead and working closely with Clinical, Operations, CMC, Commercial and other functional teams. This role will also lead and enable the development of project management capabilities across the enterprise (i.e Project and portfolio management, Governance, reporting, etc.) and will be a key leader coaching and mentoring direct reports and other cross functional stakeholders.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Enterprise Project Management and Governance, and can be remote, hybrid, or located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Core team leader of asset teams driving focused cross functional strategy and plan discussions, leading translation of the development strategy into an actionable plan
- Partners with Development Team Leadership and core team, in creating and maintaining integrated cross-functional program plans, including development and assessment of scenarios and options, decision criteria, and internal and external Cross-functional communication and stakeholder management strategies.
- Partners with early development teams and their leadership to support planning, engaging with key Development stakeholders to support downstream planning and engagement.
- Drives program wide risk management framework, challenges team to think about and anticipate risks, proactively manage risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Leads the Program Execution sub-team meetings driving cross functional discussions on plans, budgets and risks
- Drives adherence to Drug Development and governance processes, including delivery of timely and quality project team and/or sub team deliverables.
- Ensures alignment of asset integrated development plan and corporate strategic and operational plans.
- Drives decision making and asset team deliverables cross functionally and is a key contributor to strategic planning process
- Adheres to Project Management Standards and Deliverables
- Develops and maintains integrated program budget and forecasts in collaboration with Asset Team leaders, Cross-functional team members and Finance
- Develop and maintain high performing teams
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects.
- Seeks participation in corporate initiatives outside the scope of the assets
- Ability to conduct process analysis and develop and implement plans
- Ensure effective communication with external stakeholders and collaborative partners
- Willing to identify, develop and/or implement forward thinking research and development initiatives, processes, or tools to support company growth and transformation
- Be a Thought leader with the ability to provide creative solutions, with the support of the Project Management team, and pragmatic delivery of project milestones.
- Lead and drive establishing key project and portfolio management capabilities as an organizational leader, coaching and mentoring colleagues and engagement with cross functional stakeholders
- 15+ years in the pharmaceutical industry in roles associated with drug development
- 10+ years serving as a project management lead in cross-functional early and late-stage drug development teams in a core function
- Deep drug development knowledge (prefer Oncology) with strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: research, toxicology, clinical pharmacology, clinical, manufacturing, and regulatory.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; effective interaction with cross functional team members.
- Experienced in managing multiple initiatives while working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Skilled in managing multi-disciplinary teams both internally and externally
- Proficiency with Project Management related and Microsoft Office Software Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Pharmacy required
- Advance degree preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.